Sunday, May 03, 2009

Ella Grace Hesemann

Our little angel made her debut on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 9:40 pm. 5 lbs 1 oz, 18 inches.

She was wide awake and very calm as soon as she was born.




This is what happens in the nursery when your daddy is a doctor.
This is what happens in the nursery when your daddy is an eye doctor.

My mom was video taping all of this from behind the glass. When the nurse brought out the tape measure, the grandpas were joking about how it looks like the conservation tapes for measuring fish. She measured in right at 18 inches, to which they both said, "She's a keeper." It's pretty funny on the video.
Overall, we're doing well. We're all adjusting to each other and trying to get into a routine. I've been a pretty nervous mommy so far and really thankful to have my mom here to help me. I don't know how people bring babies home without having help.
We really feel blessed that Ella is doing so well. We didn't mention it to a lot of people before, but we knew for a while that she would be very small and at risk for complications. We and lots of people around us have been praying very hard, and our prayers have definitely been answered. So far, she's acting very much like a normal baby, just small. She is very strong and has great head control as if she's telling us all that we worried for nothing. Somehow, I don't think the worrying will stop anytime soon, though.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Laura & Nathan!!! Ella is a BEAUTIFUL, sweet baby. I can't wait to get my hands on her!!! Those eyes can melt your heart!

I love the picture of her looking up at you, Laura. She knows her Mommy and knows you will always be her protector. And I love the pictures of her Daddy checking her out, making sure she's healthy and well!

Laura, I can TOTALLY relate to the anxious feelings of having her home. I wanted my Mommy to be with me, too, when we broght Ross home. Just having that support and help is priceless.

And I had to laugh. I know you must be sleep deprived because you announced her arrival as "February 29th." :)

Again, I'm so thrilled for your family. What a blessing little Ella is. She makes this whole journey worth it.

April said...

She is gorgeous!! I love how alert she is, looking at her Mama :) I know she has worried her parents a lot, but it looks like she is perfect!! Congratulations!

The Aguilars said...

Congrats Laura. She is beautiful!

aandkhousewright said...

congrats, hesemanns!!! we are so happy for you! the adventure begins!

Babbel Family said...

CONGRATS! I can't wait to see her. She has some of the longest, skinniest legs I have ever seen! I can't wait to talk to you about everything!

Katie said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and looks perfect to me!!

Emily said...

Finally some pictures!!! She is beautiful and looks like Nathan - for now. :)

Can't wait to meet her and congrats!