Friday, May 22, 2009

Meeting Grandma

Ella and I made our first trip home to Farmington this week. Thankfully, she did great on the trip. I fed her just before leaving, then we stopped at my sister's and ate again, and she slept the whole way.
On Tuesday, we made the rounds and went to see Ella's Great Grandma (Granny Nell) and Great Great Grandma (Grandma Rowe). Both of them cooed over her and said how beautiful she is.


Ella and Grandma Rowe

Max, Ella, and Grandma Rowe
Max, Grandma Rowe, Ella, and Ellie.
Three of Grandma's twenty-two great great grandchildren.
Grandma is 96 years young, and we feel so blessed to have her. She is such a wonderful grandma. When I was a kid, we used to love to go to Grandma's and play in her sandbox and run in her huge backyard. She always had strawberry soda and ice cream. She still does.

2 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you and your family. I had heard you just had a baby, then found your blog through Stephanie's. How sweet she is, and I'm very impressed after two weeks you were already on a road trip:) How is school? Are you in residency yet? It's been so long, and so much changes.

Mo said...

Hi there! I'm just now catching up on Ella. She is beautiful and I'm so happy for your family! We missed you last weekend but know you were there in spirit. Love ya!