Monday, April 27, 2009

A Bit of Advice

Having a baby just before your birthday is fun. What a great birthday present. However, this particular birthday just happens to be the one when my drivers license needs to be renewed. I completely forgot about this until about 2 days ago. So, knowing that when my license expires 3 days from now, I'll be a bit too busy to go to the DMV, off I went today. Now, my last license picture was taken the day after we got back from our honeymoon. That was the thinnest and tannest I've been in the last 10 years, not to mention 5 years younger. Fastforward to today's picture. Approximately 40 lbs heavier, a little swollen, and haven't seen the sun in, oh, about 9 months. To compound the problem, I decided to get my hair chopped last week. I got about 5 inches off the bottom layer and a lot of shorter layers. It will be fine, but it always takes me a while to get used to a new haircut and to figure out exactly how to style it. Now, you're getting the idea of what my new picture looks like. It ain't pretty, folks. My advice is to get out your drivers license right this second and see when it expires. Plan ahead for your new picture. Months ahead if need be. I'm now stuck with choppy hair and 39 weeks pregnant until I turn 35.

3 comments:

Babbel Family said...

LOL- So sorry! You should have planned your baby around the time your lisence was due to expire!

Stephanie said...

Hahaha!!! That would happen to me too. You've GOTTA post the picture!!! Inquiring minds want to know!

Katie said...

No you are not!! After you've lost the baby weight go back up there and say you "lost" it, and get a new one. In the mean time, please scan that baby in for us! :)