Thursday, October 30, 2008

Re-Mark Your Calendars

I saw my OB today, and my due date is now officially May 2. While it is a little fun thinking that I could share my birthday, or that Rebecca could, it's mostly upsetting. Two reasons: #1. For reasons that I won't discuss for the sake of all the pregnant girls reading this, I will only say that medically speaking, I would rather the baby be a week or two early than a week late. #2 My maternity leave starts April 22. So, if the baby takes his/her time coming, I'll be sitting at home twiddling my thumbs wasting vacation time. I was hoping for an early due date so that if he/she hadn't come by then, I could be induced and have lots of time at home with him/her. So, your jobs as people who love the Hesemann family is to start praying now that he/she comes in mid April.
Also, we'll find out on Dec. 15 whether to buy pink or blue. Congrats, Jason, on finally getting some more testosterone into that household. Good luck.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Boo! Hiss! I share your pain, sister! Can I just say that it is cruel to move a pregnant woman's due date back. Especially a pregnant woman who is feeling so crappy at the moment. You honestly have my sincere sympathies.

Stephanie said...

And yay for the Freed's! That's exciting news!

Laura Hesemann said...

The good news is that the nausea is improved. I'm only sick 2-3 days per week now. Just in time to catch a good cold. It's always something...

Anonymous said...

Well, my faraway relatives, best wishes from old Europe... I am sure you know your roots and you are aware that our family can be traced back to the year 1397 and to the city of Lommel in Brabant, where our name was written "heesman". As merchants, we made it to Germany, and when Mattheus Hesemans settled down in Neuss/Germany in 1787, he changed his name to "Hesemann", just like you and me write it... so your lovely angel is born into a family with a long, rich tradition!
God bless you all!
Greetings from Germany
Michael Hesemann, Duesseldorf

April said...

I'll pray for an earlier (but not too early!) arrival for you :)....but I'm sure it will feel like you blink and that baby will be here. Lots of love!

Melissa said...

If I were you I would march into the chief's office and get an easy 2-week rotation added on to your schedule (research?!). And protein helps for nausea - loved PB-graham crackers & milk especially in the middle of the night! Take care!

Babbel Family said...

Been there! Laura was almost 2 weeks late. All my others I have been induced early. Hopefully you will progress at the end, that is where I go wrong. I never progress on my own!