Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Birthday Girl!


I absolutely can not believe that Audrey is one year old already. It sounds like such a cliche, but I just can't figure out where the year has gone. Well, truly, this year has been quite a whirlwind. We bought and sold houses, moved to a new city, started new jobs, and are raising these two beautiful little beings on the side.

For Audrey's birthday, we had a great little party at home. I was a little tempted to throw a huge bash, but finally decided that we would all enjoy it more just to have our families. After all, Audrey isn't really one for crowds. She had a great time. She got just enough nap before the party that she was all smiles. I have been to lots of first birthday parties, and I don't think I've ever been to one when the birthday boy or girl didn't cry or whine. Audrey, though, didn't even so much as frown. She even loved when we sang to her. She loves food, especially pizza, and put on the obligatory show with the cake. Ella was a great big sister and barely showed any jealousy. She loves to have her cousins around and had a great time helping Audrey with everything.

Yeah, for pizza!

This was Ella's obnoxious, perfectly two-year-old party dress. She chose this as the perfect outfit to wear to a birthday party, and I have to give her some props for pushing the fashion limits.


Enjoying the cake

Ella and Noah enjoying some time with Nate.

At one year, Audrey is walking and trying to run. Like her big sister, she is a fearless climber. She loves to laugh and is so easy to get smiles from. She has really become a happy, fun little girl. She still prefers Mommy over anyone else (which is ok with me), and is always happy to be held. She's a great sleeper and a fabulous eater. She's a home body like her daddy and is always the most happy in familiar places and surrounded by familiar people. She has changed our family in such a wonderful way. I am so, so thankful for the blessing that is my sweet Audrey. Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl. I love you.

No comments: