Monday, August 29, 2011

Ella's Birthday

I can not believe that my Ella is 2 already! 
Like every other mother in the history of the world, I feel like it was just yesterday. Even though it was a long day, I swear I remember every detail of that day - the nervous excitement, wondering what she would look like, and hoping and praying for her health. She's growing so quickly and perfectly, it's hard to believe how much we worried about our little monkey before she got here. Truly, we thank our Heavenly Father every day for His gift in her. She is such a blessing to us and has honestly helped Nathan and I to become the people we were meant to be.


My pretty girl dressed up on her birthday.


A little unsure about all the people at her house when she woke up from her nap. I didn't take her long to realize that since it was her party, it was going to be a good day.


Enjoying the spoils of the Easter Egg hunt. Yes, we did an egg hunt for her party. She enjoyed it so much at Easter that we decided to keep the fun going. What other activity occupies a bunch of 2 and 3 year olds for 30 minutes? A few stickers and some candy, and you're good to go.


 No birthday party is complete without a Dora cake almost as tall as the birthday girl.

We love this sweet, happy girl.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe she is already two! :)